[Tango-L] TANGO 2000 ............For DUMMIES

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 18 20:35:00 EDT 2009

--- On Sun, 10/18/09, Ecsedy Áron <aron at milonga.hu> wrote:

> - nevertheless I do NOT believe that separation of milongas
> could be an
> answer to anything (except the possible annihilation of a
> style you are
> protecting), as for practicas, they are not more than a
> class without a
> teacher, so they immediately imply a certain closed
> subgroup of dancers.

It's called niche marketing and works successfully in the real world.  Catering to peoples specific needs.  It's recognizing that people have different needs and desires.  We can all agree with that premise, correct?

The big thing bothering people about the idea of separate milongas is that they take it personally, as if it's saying something about them.  That's the real problem.  Quit taking it personally and you might just recognize that having separate milongas does not have to be a divisive thing.  It can actually help to develop different styles, which to me, is more interesting than some monolithic blob.  Yes, it's nice if we could all dance together in harmony, but sometimes, there's real life.

Trini de Pittsburgh