[Tango-L] N.U.E.V.O.--oldies are goodies

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Oct 8 10:09:16 EDT 2009

I receive from a friend a CD of a tango singer, named Vayo . It seems the man is from Uruguay, although his voice is a bit brazilian , I am not sure.
the fact is , he says he makes different tangos, and arrangement of known tangos as la cumparsita .....

frankly speaking , this arrangements are not danceable in a milonga  night . They lack the tempo, the beating, they are longer than what an average track of a tango could be ( 3 minutes is more than enough for a track).

so I can t see how this music could be introduced into a milonga night without changing the atmosphere of dancers,. Maybe it could be a good music to have die hards ( the one that danced even the cortina ) , stomping away at the end of the milonga night, on the small hours...

Anibal Troilo once said that there was not such a thing that tango nuevo or tango viejo, it simply was a matter of tango played well or bad.

Bajofondo, Tanghetto, Gotan project .... they simply are not tango traditional and if played ,as said before, within a tango night altogether with the oldies but goodies... it simply spoil the night

alberto

      Yahoo! Cocina

http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/