[Tango-L] Tango Styles II

ECSEDY Áron aron at milonga.hu
Tue Oct 6 11:14:05 EDT 2009

> What a comparison ! How many people were that time (1632) busy with astronomy in their everyday life ? And how many thousends of people today dance tango in their everyday life ? This changes the question of what is the opinion of the majority ...

My example was definitely not about astronomy. It was about beliefs. It
was about a dogmatized, majority belief that held on for centuries, and
the recognition of the errors in this belief by a minority. It was about
a few people who started to think differently instead of continuing the
tradition and who's ideas were rejected, but later vindicated.

Obviously, I do not think I am anywhere near Galileo, but I wanted to
underline that just because a lot of people in the list had been taught
as Sergio suggested, to artificially classify dancing into THESE three
styles, instead of finding some other, more tangible descriptions, the
concept maybe wrong altogether.

Cheers,
Aron

--