[Tango-L] Tango Styles II

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 19:13:16 EDT 2009

--- On Mon, 10/5/09, Sergio Vandekier <sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jack you say "You can intellectualize it any way you want
> but there have been thousands of posts on Tango-L covering
> the subject of these 3 'styles' of dancing Tango.  Is
> everybody wrong?"
>
> No, Jack everybody is not wrong, just few people are.

Actually, I just think that some people forget that language is alive and changing and that the meanings of words can change over time. I mean "kickin' boots" ain't talking about footwear.  Common usage is the most powerful way of defining something.

Same with "nuevo".  If someone refers to nuevo style, every single person on this list and many more outside of this list knows what is being referred to.  Trying to argue that nuevo is not a style is moot.  It's grown beyond what Chicho or Fabian say.

Trini de Pittsburgh