[Tango-L] Nuevo Milonguero

Niki Papapetrou niki.papapetrou at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 20:08:20 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Tango Society of Central Illinois <
tango.society at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yahoo has been holding 'rontango' hostage all day due to spam
> suspicion, so I'm posting a reply from another account
>
> --- On Thu, 10/1/09, Sorin Varzaru <tango at bostonphotographs.com> wrote:
>
> > Huh, I must've been to another BsAs
> > in June and July. And maybe you
> > should tell Tete that the way he dances is all wrong. I've
> > seen him
> > leading off axis moves, and reverse roles with a number of
> > women. I
> > actually have a picture of that.
>
> I'm assuming this was a demo. I've seen Tete dance in several milongas
> in both Buenos Aires and the US, and I didn't see him switch roles or
> lead off axis movements.

Sorin ,
I think I know what you are talking about, as I have seen (and have been the
recipient of) it a number of times while in BsAs. I have never seen Tete
changing roles within the dance.
What Tete *will *occasionally do (and what I suspect you were witnessing) is
change the arm positions. With him, everything comes from the chest -
*his*chest. The position of his arms is irrelevant - he can have his
right arm or
his left across the lady's back - it doesn't matter, as it in no way affects
the lead.

abrazos
--
Yours in dance dementia,