[Tango-L] Ghandi and the cabaceo

Tango22 tango22 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:57:27 EST 2009

Valerie wrote:
The whole cabaceo discussion is academic, at least in North America.
Are you in Australia, Anton? Do people use the cabaceo where you are?

Body language (using the eyes) has been used to invite or discourage
an invitation in Australia for all of the 45 years I have attended
dances, though it was never rigidly defined and is typically
accompanied by an invitation.  I met my wife, thanks to an inviting
smile; I can see it today.  If I approach a woman at the dance who
clearly averts her eyes, I will not proceed.  On the other hand, if
I'm walking across the room for a purpose other than dancing, I will
keep my eyes down to avoid being waylaid.
It's not such a mystery, just be natural.  It's not necessary to work
at it.
Best wishes,
John