[Tango-L] Tango on New Years

Barbra buffmilonguera at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 12:19:42 EST 2009

I can tell you that, from my experience, any tango offering is going to
be better attended than you think - and not just by tango dancers.  I
have recently been to two chamber music concerts featuring tango music
- totally packed much to the surprise of the hosts.  I have done
similar "tango rooms" or other tango programs at fund-raisers, and
folks love it - even if they just come to watch.  If you do a tango
room, I would "salt it" with several local folks who know how to do the
dance and people will love the opportunity to watch and listen to the
music regardless of whether they dance or not - although in the past, I
have asked "my" dancers to volunteer to wear a red ribbon - and I tell
the watchers that the folks who are wearing a ribbon have already
volunteered to try it with them if they ask.  I like the ribbon idea,
because if the volunteer really wants to take a tanda or two "off" they
can just take the ribbon off and put it back on.....

barbra