[Tango-L] Tanguera/o occupation?

Fran and John Verheul verheul at interact.com.au
Mon Nov 9 18:00:53 EST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Edgecombe" <edgecombe_r at optusnet.com.au>
To: <tango-l at mit.edu>
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 1:56 PM
Subject: [Tango-L] Tanguera/o occupation?

>I said "There are many IT nerds and medical doctors in tango.".
> She said "Rubbish".
>
> The debate has degenerated from there.
>
> The aim is to win the argument, of course. Nothing to do with
> statistical validity.  Bribery is an option.....
>
> So - what broadly speaking - is your occupation (in the case of IT nerds
> and doctors, then friend of a friend is quite acceptable).

Hi , First post.

I often marvel at the fact that a high level government employee , medical
doctor or artist allow themselves to be pushed around by a gardener or motor
mechanic or housecleaner on the dancefloor, but then "tango" doesnt equate
very well with status in real life.

For the record I am a semi retired security consultant and have heaps of
time to attend milongas.  The tanguerra friend that sticks in my mind as the
most passionate and elegant that i spend time with listed her occupation as
"exotic dancer and personal escort".  She was rather busy during most
evenings so we danced only in the afternoon in her kitchen.
Tango, scones and tea.
Heaven!