[Tango-L] Tanguera/o occupation?

ECSEDY Áron aron at milonga.hu
Tue Nov 10 11:57:57 EST 2009

> Oh my god... I did bolt out of ballroom tango after a single class
> (hated the way they said the leaders should step - deeply bent knees,
> heel forward), but this is quite something. I'd name it martial tango
> :)

I don't think this performance is so bad, it is just not the tango you
know. Also, this is a group choreography and because it is done by 16-21
year olds it is obviously lacks a certain artistic merit you'd expect
from professional ballroom dancers. Also, as with all synchronous
choreographies, the strong and sudden moves help to create the
'togetherness', which is used widely for formation dancing such as this.
The choreograper did not try to put much fantasy into this dance, but it
is technically well executed. The paso doble style turns and promenade
walks make the whole thing very cheesy and unnatural, but you should
check out some old ballroom videos from the 50s or 60s: now those are
truly hilarious... :D

Cheers,
Aron

--