[Tango-L] Fw: Line of Dance in BA

Niki Papapetrou niki.papapetrou at gmail.com
Sun May 10 21:50:06 EDT 2009

hola
the rules are printed in spanish, italian, mandarin, french, japanese,
english, and greek, and are posted at the entrance (ticket booth) before you
actually enter the dance space. Hector will only read them out during the
milonga if he feels there is need to (needless to say, they get read out a
bit more often during festival seasons :) - CITA, PTW et al). He or
Carlos(the DJ) will read them out in Spanish, before passing on the mike to
someone else to read them out in other languages

Hector is very 'present' during the milonga. He watches everything

I remember my partner telling me about one particular incident: Hector was a
bit anxious throughout the night. At one point, he sat next to my partner,
who asked him if everything was OK. In typical argenitne drama fashion,
Hector told him that 'no, everything was not ok - there's a couple over
there (pointing to the centre of the dance floor) causing a 'quilombo'.'
Sure enough, there was a couple in the middle of the dancefloor, criss
crossing the floor, doing boleos, and essentially taking up the space that
would otherwise have satisfied 4-5 couples.  As soon as that tanda ended,
the rules were read out - in Spanish, english, italian and japanese

'mejor sentada bien que bailando mal'
--
Yours in dance dementia,
Niki