[Tango-L] 2009 CMS Argentine Tango Institute

Don Klein don at aymta.org
Fri May 1 16:23:55 EDT 2009

I just got a note from Kristine Wendland <kwendla at LearnLink.Emory.Edu>
that the deadline for applications for the 2009 July CMS for
instrumentalists is the end of May.  For those who don't know the
details, a short quote: "The CMS Tango Institute will intersect tango
scholarly studies with practical musical and cultural experiences, and
provide participants with an authentic and holistic tango experience in
the city of the art forms birth, Buenos Aires. ... The intensive 2-week
program of study of tango music will integrate tango history, theory,
practice, and culture, appealing to scholars and musicians who are
interested in interdisciplinary studies, world music, and popular urban
forms."  <http://www.music.org/Argentina.html>

I apologize if this belongs on Tango-A, but I'm not advertising.

Don