[Tango-L] Way too much kicking

Noughts damian.thompson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:24:25 EDT 2009

Sometimes, I should be quiet, but hey...

Addressing any person that really is not very experienced. Vince makes
a good point below.

Why would you 1 make such comments and 2 - do it publically?

1 - you too were a tourist and very inexperienced even compared to
those tourists most likely to be attending Practica X as it is greatly
attended by very experienced dancers and a large majority of them are
international teachers/professional. It is known FOR nuevo and people
like yourselves who are still learning even basic techniques cause
most of those incidents. BUT, as it is a practica, the vast majority
of the experienced dancers accept that there will be some incidents
and the floor us fairly well Self-regulated anyway.

2. Even now at milongas here, not to mention there, I still see
beginner men telling more experienced ladies what to do and at
practicas, even TEACHING them- very sad as most of them are not even
able to walk in an ARGENTINE TANGO STLYE yet!

3. Practicas, men! Swallow your pride! Ask more experienced dancers
for help!  You just might improve then! Male or female!