[Tango-L] Is this good 'teaching'?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 21 14:03:11 EDT 2009

--- On Tue, 3/17/09, Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQKtQxz0mV8

>  What I disagree with in this video, is alienating the
> student from an already asimulated part of him/herself. Taking what
> would be familiar and making it foreign..

Mario, I have no idea where you get that idea from this video.  If anything, the video shows a method of creating more awareness of one's self.  A lot of people think that they are standing up straight when they are actually bent forward or bent backward.  In other words, what someone might think of as an assimulated part of him/herself, could actually be bad for tango.

Basically, what is happening is that some people are filming the dancers, who can watch the results of the filming in real time through the goggles that they are wearing.  They get instant feedback.   I think it's a pretty good use of technology.

Trini de Pittsburgh