[Tango-L] Show tango is not REAL tango?!

ELEMER DUBROVAY elemer_7 at msn.com
Sat Mar 14 22:48:09 EDT 2009

From: elemer_7 at msn.com
To: larrynla at juno.com; tango-l at mit.edu
Subject: RE: [Tango-L] Show tango is not REAL tango?!
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:47:33 -0700

Hy Larry

This is the best explanation of what tango is and how it functions.
I was born in Buenos Aires and started dancing tango in 1947.

I live in Redmond WA USA now and it surprises me that some good dancers
and teachers even some coming from Argentina are dancing and teaching
show tango, running around the dancing floor and scaring the other dancers,
doing show tango steps disturbing the regular flow in the milongas.

I did watch the fantastic dancing of Osvaldo and Miguel Zotto.
It was in a Tango Festival in Miami.

In the regular dancing held after the Show, I watched them dancing between
the regular dancers in a very elegant way and with no show tango steps and
not disturbing the other couples dancing around them.

I am glad that most of the dancers here in Seattle are good dancers and respect
the other dancers.

Elemer in Redmond..................

.