[Tango-L] musings

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 04:57:28 EDT 2009

Mario,

You might be interested to know that I saw Alberto Dassieu recently
at a milonga in Buenos Aires. Strangely, it was on a very quiet night
at El Beso, which is mostly frequented by tourists and I guess he was
there to escort a Japanese couple who appeared to be his students.
Alberto rarely danced and always just 2 songs. During those 2 songs
he would make exactly one rotation of the dance floor and then sit down.
He was truly mesmerising; an oasis of calm in a maelstrom of activity.

 I think it's something I'll never forget.

Jack