[Tango-L] the tanguero stay dry shirt

Nussbaum, Martin mnussbau at law.nyc.gov
Thu Mar 5 12:53:59 EST 2009

I have that shirt in lots of colors.  The style is a bit old fashioned,
conservative boxy american cut. And i wish it were made in a thinner
fabric.     Great for travel, it does not wrinkle even when jammed intoa
backpack.   If you wear it unbuttoned, untucked, with a contrasting
color T, it might look nice, but you want that microfiber to touch your
skin to do its wicking work best, so the T will defeat that.
Charles T shirt method does delay your soaking through to outer layer,
but your T will still be uncomfortably soaked, which will make you less
comfortable.  Ugh. not for me.  As for what he says about white being a
heat reflection, thats only true compared to other cotton colors in
direct sunlight.  There is no heat reflection under your suit.  And it
certainly increases your body temp to have another unnecessary layer. I
guess changing t's under you shirt is easier, and cheaper to launder,
than changing dress shirts and suit jackets.
Another option I like is Under Armour Heatgear, or similar products, to
wick perspiration away from your body and keep you dry.   And that stuff
is so form fitting it encourages me to stay away from the Alfajores.
-Martin