[Tango-L] shocking - Miracle shirts

Crrtango@aol.com Crrtango at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 14:18:00 EST 2009

J wrote:

<I don't wear a tee shirt under. I don't think it would defeat anything, but
it would make you much warmer, without any real benefit, IMO.

That's not actually true.

A white cotton T-shirt underneath another shirt is cooler than not wearing
one at all, even though it may seem counter-intuitive.   I don't know how it
would respond to the material used in the miracle shirt but it definitely works
with other cotton.    I only wear cotton shirts anyway but I know from
experience that white cotton is the best for t-shirts, even under black shirts with
ties. White cotton reflects heat and wicks hot air from the body and absorbs
sweat.   There are lots of other factors like alcohol consumption and diet that
affect perspiration and odor also, but having a T-shirt on prevents the outer
shirt from becoming saturated with sweat, something is definitely undesirable.
 Just try it sometime.
Of course you could always just take a break once in a while to cool
down....milongas don't have to be marathons.
Cheers,
 Charles