[Tango-L] Shocking "close embrace"

Jay Rabe jayrabe at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 1 06:03:58 EST 2009

> Fortunately, Japanese do not usually smell, their
> sweat glands are smaller and they eat differently and bathe and shower
> all the time too.

Wetness is one thing, for which I have no input. I know some men and women perspire a lot and get wet, but what it is in their makeup or diet or exercise or lack therof that creates their propensity is a mystery to me.

Odor, however, is a different story. Not bathing regularly or recently leaves bacteria on your skin that creates odor when it gets wet with new sweat. There's also diet and emotional contributions. People who are anxious or nervous, or people who drink a lot of coffee (or mate?) tend to have acrid sweat that has a much stronger and very unpleasant odor. Clean sweat on clean skin is almost odorless, and even contains pheromones that are reputed to be attractive, in an animalistic way, as in, "let's get hot and sweaty."