[Tango-L] A pair of great walkers: Detlef & Melina

Brick Robbins brick at fastpack.com
Thu Jun 18 15:15:07 EDT 2009

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:06:10 -0700 (PDT)
 Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Two great walkers (how would you say that in Spanish?)
>I love how this couple reveals the music to me.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nSMK_ubSl0

Ahhh....  Detlef & Melina from Germany. I had the pleasure of taking
some workshops from them in Portland last year. I have to say it was
an enlightening experience.

I found their teaching to be a wonderful combination of simple
elegance with German precision. The logic and methods they presented
to construct, and actually dance, simple but elegant and musical
movement, forever changed my dancing

They are among my favorite teachers of all time. I think the best
description of their dancing I've read was "They don't do anything....
but they do it SO well."

FWIW, they are planning a Feb 2010 visit to the USA around their gig
at in Portland at Valentango. If you are lucky they might be visiting
your town.....If not, maybe you could talk the into it.

http://www.tangodesalon.de/