[Tango-L] Tango Teacher & DJ Reviews :: New Blog

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 12:07:21 EDT 2009

--- On Sun, 6/14/09, NANCY <ningle_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Alex made it quite clear on his new Blog that the same
> rules would apply as those of Tango-L.

It isn't clear.  To some people, "they suck" is constructive criticism.  Instead of information-laden, it's emotion-laden.  The wording on Tango-L is much clearer.

If you can
> create an alias then why not anonymous?

Because other people in the community could call out people who don't even exist in their community.  If someone signed herself Anastasha and I know that Anastasha doesn't exist in my community, then I think it's fair for me to let people know that and to bring Anastasha's post into question.  What if the critic is a rival teacher?  I think it would be fair to post that info, too.

The other side of this is wouldn't it be a good resource for teachers to learn what they're doing right or wrong?  Who's gonna' take anonymous comments seriously?  I wouldn't.

Especially if
> one lives in the same community as the teacher( and who
> would know better about the quality of the teaching?),
> anonymity lends some protection to the critic.

If someone in my community doesn't like the way I teach, I have several options.  I could try to find out more info from the critic to make my teaching better.  Or I could ignore the critic.  I could also criticize the critic's own dancing and figure out whether how much merit this person has.  But everything is also transparent, so if I act badly toward this person, then everyone can say "well, Trini is just mad because Anastasha won't a bad review of her on Alex's blog".  And what's to keep Anastasha from writing even worse things on the blog.  The critic really doesn't need anymore protection.

The other way of evaluating teachers but allowing anonymity would be through standardized evalutions similar to what they use in college to rate teachers.  Information is pooled.  Some comments are shared.

Trini de Pittsburgh