[Tango-L] teacher reviews....

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 11:29:08 EDT 2009

I'm sorry but I think this is an absolutely terrible idea. reminds me of
the Black list of the '50's.
As someone else pretty much said in commenting on this...  one person's
honey is another person's vinegar.
And altho I commend Alex for asking people to be considerate in their
comments, I think the majority of posters will be those who have an axe
to grind.
you know... you can really ruin people's reputations with this--
deserved or not.

And yes, people should absolutely be required to post their real names
or its a cop-out.

Tango L recently posted their rules and reasons for rules about negative
reviews of teachers which has some wisdom to it.

BTW I am an organizer and am as interested as anyone else in whether the
teachers I am about to hire are good teachers and not just good
dancers...but I won't touch this blog with a ten foot pole..... no
matter how curious I might be about what is said because I don't want to
be tainted by someone who might have a whole different criteria in
judging teachers or who might have just had a "bad class day".  If I
want to know about perspective teachers it's easy enough to contact
someone who has hosted them or been to class with them.
Ilene
Woodstock/NYC

Alex wrote:

 > After reading the thread on teacher feedback on Tango-L, I thought
about a blog as a simple solution.

 > I've created a quick and dirty blog so people can leave anonymous
comments and feedback on teachers and DJ's.