[Tango-L] Tango Teacher & DJ Reviews :: New Blog

Niki Papapetrou niki.papapetrou at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 03:48:39 EDT 2009

hola alex,
sounds like it will be a great resource, as long as people respect the ethos
in which it was created, which is one of sharing direct knowledge and
experiences (i think XYZ is great/terrible as an instructor because...).

another point that i think will be important for users to remember is that
even though there are lots of good teachers out there, we, as individuals,
will not necessarily 'click' with every one of them. For example, while in
BsAs, my partner preferred instructors with a 'softly-softly' approach,
whereas i seemed to learn better with the 'don't do it that way, do it this
way instead' instructors.  :)

suerte

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Alex Long <alex at tangofuego.us> wrote:

> After reading the thread on teacher feedback, I thought about a blog as a
> simple solution.
>
> I've created a quick and dirty blog so people can leave anonymous comments
> and feedback on teachers and DJ's.
>
> I've got a pretty good start, but a long way to go, so please bear with me.
> There is a post where you can leave teacher names (cities and websites,
> too)
> that I've missed. I'll add them as quickly as I am able.
>
> Anyway, here it is...and thanks in advance for putting the word out...add
> links to your blogs and/or websites...maybe this will be a worthwhile
> effort. Let me know if someone has already done this - I didn't even check
> with Google to see if there is already something out there.
>
> http://tangoteacherreviews.blogspot.com/
>
> Here's my other blog, but you have to dig kinda deep to find anything about
> tango anymore...
>
> http://alextangofuego.blogspot.com/
>
> Alex

Yours in dance dementia,