[Tango-L] Aus International TangoFest

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 12:07:56 EDT 2009

> From: Trini y Sean (PATangoS) <patangos at yahoo.com>
>

> Politeness, willing to give teachers the benefit of a doubt.  For those curious,
> there's google.
>
> In a forum like this, however, it pays to be careful of criticizing teaching
> couples because it might be unfair.  Perhaps they were having a bad day.

Trini,

I'd agree when it comes to local teachers; maybe they're doing it because
there's nobody else available and they're trying to build a Tango community
from scratch. But when it comes to visiting teachers and the organisers have
to pay air fares, accommodation, etc., it can be a big investment and I think
they're entitled to expect a certain standard. Also, how can organisers choose
potential visiting teachers if no information is available. Yes, you can see them
dance on YouTube but that says nothing about how they teach.

Just my opinion.

Jack