[Tango-L] Aus International TangoFest

Vince Bagusauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:52:29 EDT 2009

> Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 06:24:01 +1000
> From: Myk Dowling <politas at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Tango-L] Rhythm or Melody?
> To: tango-l at mit.edu
> I just did most of his workshops at the Sydney TangoFest, and have to
> agree wholeheartedly. Joaquin's system for explaining tango rhythms is
> absolutely excellent.

Thanks Myk.  Last night I talked to a guy from Melbourne who attended the
festival.  He said that there was one Argentinean teacher couple there who
were so average not only as teachers but as performers too, that he changed
classes.  I guess this was reflected in the  comment in the latest Canberra
tango newsletter? Seems you got a gem with Joaquin.

The Melbourne guy said besides the hiccup, the event was better organized
this year than last.  That is good to hear.

Vince