[Tango-L] Let's save the social dance!

Endzone 102 endzone102 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:49:30 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Tango Society of Central Illinois <
tango.society at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see a simple solution, but it requires agreement and cooperation
> among dancers.
>
> Nuevo and tango de salon events should be kept separate. Nuevo dances
> can be held on large floors where the density is low. Milongas (for
> tango de salon / tango milonguero) can be held in smaller venues.
> Dancers should respect the type of dancing that is suggested by the
> advertisement of the event.

    That's not cooperation.  That's segregation.  It's just not ever going
to happen.  Someone will always be unhappy.  Perish the thought that there
might be a break from the traditional tango music every two or three hours.

    This particular horse has been beaten to death, raised from the dead,
turned into dog food, eaten, re-purposed into fertilizer, had grass grown in
it, eaten by the next horse in the chain to be beaten to death.

-Greg G