[Tango-L] Refusing a dance... <was Re: Is it Balls, or just a Heel?>

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 15:33:11 EDT 2009

yes Jack, thanks...but I didn't give the first guy I turned down a
reason, nor do I think it is necessary. I just smiled and said "not
right now thanks". That should be enough... I donlt think anyone has to
explain why they don't want to dance with a particular person at that
moment. The best thing is for the guy to be gracious and ask another
time/night. If she still doesn't want to dance, well then, she's
probably telling you something and it's up to you whether you want to
ask again.

Cabaceo of course solves all of this and even in small communities it
can work very well.
I.

and PS I myself have turned down dances with people when I was on the
way out...only to find myself still there an hour later, talking with
friends who just arrived maybe even dancing- ...so I don't think people
should take this so personally!