[Tango-L] What do you think?

Bertil Nestorius bertil36 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 11:43:31 EDT 2009

I always get very surpriced at the bad respons on this list for this couple. For me this is probably the best couple in world, wenn it comes to being able to dance all styles of tango. There is nothing of clumsiness in their dance but an abundance of connection. For me people who don't see that cannot understand dance.

Back to Trini first question, to my experience there is in this little new stuff in this piece, all the lifts they are doing, were they doing already 2007 if not earlier. But what I noticed in the last couple of years is that Sebastian and Mariana are starting to put more distinction between the different styles. Their classic number have become even more classical and so on.

And I don't get the feeling he is going to lift here over his head. I'm not a big fan of lifts but these are done so smoothe you can't really get mad at them, and Sebastian is always using Marianas energy thats why it stays dancing and doesn't become gymnastics. I've seen much worse in tango, and usually these couples are not dancing Nuevo ;-).

Best regards,
Bertil Nestorius