[Tango-L] Requesting Truth about Impact of Swine Flu on Buenos Aires milongas

NANCY ningle_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 15:24:30 EDT 2009

If you are concerned, then stay where you are.  I brought Tamiflu and alcohol gel and masks with me.  Yes, the milongas are about 50% right now.  But if you wait and inflation continues, there will be even fewer folks in the milongas.  This is not the season for tourists ( that's why I come now).  If you have a compromised immune system as did almost all the mortalities in the US, then you should not venture out.....anywhere.
WHO has declared this a pandemic, meaning it is world wide and mutating daily.  There are no vaccinations for it now.  In BsAs it is winter and the usual colds and ordinary flu are upon us.  I imagine folks with a little sniffle are scared it might be H1 no they are not going out.  That is good for those of us who are still healthy.

I ALWAYS get sick when I come here: drastic change in climate, air pollution, new varities of germs, lots of kissing, holding hands with too many folks, etc etc. I bring an arsenal of comforting things - Nyquil and Puffs with Vicks Vaporub, Tylenol Cold Capsules, and tough it out.

Several folks have given you honest answers ( this is my second post on topic).  No one can guarantee you the future or what your dance experience will be like.  I have danced five tandas in three days with an 83 year old gentleman  whose much younger wife is a medical doctor.  I have also watched a decline in numbers of folks in the milongas and the quality of dancing over the 13 years I have been coming here.

I hope this helps you make a very personal decision.

Nancy