[Tango-L] Swine flu alert

dierdre black dblioness2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 3 18:15:17 EDT 2009

Dear TAngo L Members:

RE: questions on the swine flu epidemic, in BA.

As I understand it, they are requiring visitors to sometimes wear a mask in Ezeiza and be willing to have their temp. checked, for fever, before entering the country.

Also, in the last two days, la practica, "Me Rio del Plata", on Mondays and DNI, as well as a few other classes have suspended their schedules until further notice.

Other than that.........we don't know exactly how many cases there are here as no one seems to trust the government figures.  If they are indeed true, then, I would say the danger of getting sick, with flu type A are not too bad, right now.   Vamos aver.

Suffice it to say.......if you are coming down, be sure to bring plenty of Purell, (as the local stores have run out and will continue to, for awhile);  any flu medications you have from home that you like, (as they are also in short supply) and be prepared to wait in a ridiculous line, if you happen to get really sick as the hospitals are overflowing, at the moment.  House calls are best, if you can get some doctor to do that, for you.  Also, try to get on the FB sites or internet with your favorite milongas to get the updated cancellations, etc. before you take that expensive taxi ride there only to be turned away.  They seem to be changing, daily.   Even tho the present flu shots supposedly don't work on this swine flu, it's probably not a bad idea to get one, just in case.  Lastly......and I know this is the most difficult........try to get enough rest and not drive yourself to hard, with the usual "tango tourist" pace, if possible, as a strong
 immune system is the best defense, right?  Right.

There are still plenty of milongas out there to enjoy, among many other BA entertainments........just try to use some common sense and you should be fine.    Take care and keep dancing.

Saludos, tangueros!!     D.B.