[Tango-L] Bibi Wong has passed away

Joe Grohens joe.grohens at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 12:39:56 EST 2009

Bibi Wong was a member of tango-l.

From: Bibi Wong <bibibwong at hotmail.com>
Date: January 24, 2009 2:33:48 AM CST
To: <bibiwongmemorial at gmail.com>
Subject: Vivian "Bibi" Wong Memorial Event and Milonga

----- Original Message -----
From: Bibi Wong
To: bibiwongmemorial at gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:50 PM

Vivian "Bibi" Wong Memorial Event and Milonga
Our beloved Bibi passed away on January 15, 2009 peacefully at her
home in Chicago.  She had fought breast cancer for 22 years with
courage, humor and grace.

Please join Bibi's family and friends for the Vivian "Bibi" Wong
Memorial Event and Milonga on Monday, January 26, 2009. The event will
be held at Mariposa at 4001 N. Ravenswood, Chicago, 5th Floor,
commencing at 7:30 p.m. There will be a moment of silence at 9:00 p.m.
Afterwards, we invite you to join us for tango dancing in her honor
until 11:30 p.m.

The first portion of the evening will be devoted to greeting Bibi's
family, offering condolences, and sharing remembrances of Bibi.  There
will be an opportunity to leave written expressions of sympathy at the
event.  Also, if you'd like to sign an online guestbook, share photos,
or record an audio message, that would be much appreciated.  To do so,
please go to www.legacy.com, type Vivian Wong into the search box,
click on "Guestbook" in the search results, then choose the
appropriate option.
If you enjoy taking photos/videos, we'd also appreciate your bringing
a camera to help document this evening for family and friends.  The
above website will be used to store all of the written comments,
photographs and video.

Mariposa's customary assortment of sweets and savories, and non-
alcoholic beverages (BYOB) will be provided. We also welcome you to
bring a special treat for sharing.

At the event, information will be provided for those who wish to make
a charitable contribution in memory of Bibi to Gilda's Club Chicago,
which provided Bibi with so much support over the years.
Finally, it would be helpful for us to know how many people plan to
attend.  If possible, please send an RSVP to
bibiwongmemorial at gmail.com.  Of course, please feel free to join us
even if you are unable to respond in advance.

For additional information, please contact Michael Golde at the e-mail
address above or at 312-523-9335.