[Tango-L] Sweaty Shirts and Dark Milongas

Tango Mail tango at springssauna.com
Fri Feb 27 12:49:46 EST 2009

Jay Said:

"The guy needs one of Portland tanguera Bonnie Lee's Miracle shirts. They're gortex and wick away moisture,
and the sweatiest dancer always feels dry, and odorless too. (I have no financial connection to Bonnie Lee).
Her company is Tanguero Designs, but unfortunately she's apparently moving her website and the link that I
have no longer works. I'll see if I can find a good link and post it later. J".

I personally have gone to using Hot Climate UnderArmor undershirts under
my button down shirt for this purpose.  It makes me a bit hotter
having two shirts on, but it is worth it: I can look good (shirt-wise)
and that shirt will be dry (of MY sweat).  I don't think a short-sleeve
shirt
is appropriate for an evening milonga; only a daytime one.  I also do
not have to change shirts anymore mid-milonga or even going from the
evening milonga to the all-night milonga.  Wickers is another company
making undershirt for this purpose as are multitude of other companies
making products in the US (mainly for the military).  UnderArmor isn't
made in the USA but is the leading brand.

What happened to the Dark milongas question?  Can we hear from some
organizers why the rooms must be kept friendly to Vampires?

JK