[Tango-L] Shocking "close embrace"

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 07:00:52 EST 2009

--- On Thu, 2/26/09, Kristina Bohm <kristinaelo at gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you think of "close embrance" after a guy
> has been dancing several hours and is totally soaked in his sweat?... I, personally love both, close and open embrace. But recently I had to say 'no' to a great dancer whom I smelled already from 5 meters approaching me. (and yes, I smiled and said that I was tired...:) )

Good answer.  By the way, anyone who has to work so hard that he sweats that much, might not be such a great dancer.

> Another dancer, also at the end of milonga, after several
> open embrace
> tangos, told me that "he prefers close embrace"
> and almost forced me to the
> close position.

I would have made an excuse and left in the middle of a tanda if someone tried that with me and I wanted to dance with him another time.  Otherwise, I would have just thanked him and left him on the dance floor.  If, however, you asked him to dance and you knew that he preferred close-embrace, then that's a different story.

> I remeber one gentelman, who had a different shirt for
> every partner he danced with. Maybe it was little bit too extreme, but for sure, tangos felt like heaven with him!

There's a lot of fish in the ocean.  Don't sweat the guys who don't have the decency to present themselves nicely to you.  Think the next guy asking you to dance will enjoy being soaked by you soaked by someone else?

Trini de Pittsburgh