[Tango-L] Shocking "close embrace"

Kristina Bohm kristinaelo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 05:50:18 EST 2009

Hello,

It's time to change the discussion to another shocking subject!

I apologize if this has been discussed earlier, since I am relatively new on
this list. But not new to tango and I am having an issue with something that
has been lately bothering me a bit (or a lot?). I would like to get other
opinions...

What do you think of "close embrance" after a guy has been dancing several
hours and is totally soaked in his sweat?... I, personally love both, close
and open embrace. But recently I had to say 'no' to a great dancer whom I
smelled already from 5 meters approaching me. (and yes, I smiled and said
that I was tired...:) )
Another dancer, also at the end of milonga, after several open embrace
tangos, told me that "he prefers close embrace" and almost forced me to the
close position.

Well, it does apply for women also, but guys, at least seem to have more
choice what embrace to lead.

I remeber one gentelman, who had a different shirt for every partner he
danced with. Maybe it was little bit too extreme, but for sure, tangos felt
like heaven with him!

Any opinions, suggestions???

Best greetings
Kris