[Tango-L] chear up - Re: Shocked

"Christian Lüthen" christian.luethen at gmx.net
Wed Feb 25 02:51:51 EST 2009

Ha, Shahrukh,

brilliant posting. And of your best ever in your function as moderator of the list! Congrats!

Here's a little link I received this morning which hopefully makes you all chear up again (on tango matters!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&v=6QaSJAbc2mg

Enjoy!
Christian

.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 22:40:05 -0200
> Von: Shahrukh Merchant <shahrukh at shahrukhmerchant.com>
> An: tango-l at mit.edu
> Betreff: Re: [Tango-L] Shocked

> Klaus Radek <tangowien at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > shocked a little even, to see how unrespectful people were to Damian
> > (Nougts) - even to making him leave here!. I can tell you he is a
> ... rest of much-discussed post deleted.
>
> "Michael" <tangomaniac at cavtel.net> wrote:
> > The moderator should  the originator and "his sister" off the list.
>
> (I assume the missing word was "kick" or "throw" ...). I was puzzled at
> that, since the reason appeared to be (echoed by a few others) his
> "crime" of the use of irony (as they used to call it), without using a
> smiley (also as they used to call it before it became "emoticon"). I'd
> be more likely to defend it as a fast-fading art form (perhaps even in
> the same category as the cabeceo).
>
> But he (Michael) later clarified:
> > I thnk you're missing an important point. Klaus named a dancer by
> > name, Damian (Noughts), and described his dancing.
>
> And that indeed does justify a slap on the wrist, more so because Mr.
> Noughts (reports of whose departure from Tango-L seem to have been
> greatly exaggerated) appears to teach professionally, and this may be a
> back-door attempt at mud-slinging rivalry. Please consider your wrist
> slapped--no, not you Damian, but Klaus--but keep up the irony, if you
> can do without maligning others, and it may help to include a smiley,
> even if it takes away half the fun ... oops almost forgot to include a
> :-).
>
> So lighten up everybody, study up on rhetorical devices (I'll study up
> on run-on sentences and their avoidance), make sure to include some
> Tango content in each of your posts (administrator is exempt, though
> hey, I did mention "cabeceo" ...), and PLEASE DELETE ALL THE PREVIOUS
> TRAILING THREAD IN YOUR REPLIES (oops, sorry, didn't mean to shout).
>
> Shahrukh

.

Computer Bild Tarifsieger! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 ¿/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a