[Tango-L] Shocked

Shahrukh Merchant shahrukh at shahrukhmerchant.com
Tue Feb 24 19:40:05 EST 2009

Klaus Radek <tangowien at googlemail.com> wrote:
> shocked a little even, to see how unrespectful people were to Damian
> (Nougts) - even to making him leave here!. I can tell you he is a
... rest of much-discussed post deleted.

"Michael" <tangomaniac at cavtel.net> wrote:
> The moderator should  the originator and "his sister" off the list.

(I assume the missing word was "kick" or "throw" ...). I was puzzled at
that, since the reason appeared to be (echoed by a few others) his
"crime" of the use of irony (as they used to call it), without using a
smiley (also as they used to call it before it became "emoticon"). I'd
be more likely to defend it as a fast-fading art form (perhaps even in
the same category as the cabeceo).

But he (Michael) later clarified:
> I thnk you're missing an important point. Klaus named a dancer by
> name, Damian (Noughts), and described his dancing.

And that indeed does justify a slap on the wrist, more so because Mr.
Noughts (reports of whose departure from Tango-L seem to have been
greatly exaggerated) appears to teach professionally, and this may be a
back-door attempt at mud-slinging rivalry. Please consider your wrist
slapped--no, not you Damian, but Klaus--but keep up the irony, if you
can do without maligning others, and it may help to include a smiley,
even if it takes away half the fun ... oops almost forgot to include a :-).

So lighten up everybody, study up on rhetorical devices (I'll study up
on run-on sentences and their avoidance), make sure to include some
Tango content in each of your posts (administrator is exempt, though
hey, I did mention "cabeceo" ...), and PLEASE DELETE ALL THE PREVIOUS
TRAILING THREAD IN YOUR REPLIES (oops, sorry, didn't mean to shout).

Shahrukh