[Tango-L] Tango-L is still alive

Noughts damian.thompson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 21:16:15 EST 2009

Charles,

The source was me.... It was a conversation I had with Chicho (one of
my teachers and a good friend) and with his permission I post the
relevant part of the conversation for this 'forum'.

It is in a previous part of this thread.

I still find it incredulous that anyone would say from a source as
great as Chicho, that he might be wrong - he, Arce, Naveira and so
forth are the cutting edge in reality.  Sure, there are now others
making their names as cutting edge nuevo teachers as well, but all the
information came from Naveira, Salas, Veron, Chicho etc.. etc...
etc... Considering these guys all agree on the principles and
techniques (although style differs thankfully), fairly hard to
dispute.  I know this from having spent considerable time with each of
them and their best students....

Damian