[Tango-L] Milongas by age difference?

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Mon Dec 28 03:36:19 EST 2009

Sandhill Crane wrote:
> --- On Mon, 12/21/09, Brian Dunn <brianpdunn at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> My main point is that people tend to go to classic
>> milongas to RELAX, and people tend to go to
>> practicas to GET BETTER
>
> Something yanks my chain here -- it's the implication that
> people who go to the milongas aren't GETTING BETTER.

Yeah, it yanks my chain as well. If you dance in a confined
place, it can be to improve your connection (to your partner
or to the music) by practicing "less is more" rather than
steps; it can also be to improve your improvisational and
your navigational skills (something which will make you
more at ease and natural in any setting and may help to
turn your dance into something organic rather than a
sequence-of-steps).