[Tango-L] Are there good dancers at that Milonga?

Shahrukh Merchant shahrukh at shahrukhmerchant.com
Tue Dec 22 07:57:50 EST 2009

Steve Littler wrote:

> For me, a BIG item is the music. Is it going to be good? Some DJ's I
> know are excellent and I will be VERY pleased with great music to dance

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. Yes, I agree, that the music, along with
the personality and welcoming nature of the organizer, are two very
important factors. And yes, more so the music, since it is harder to
ignore if it is not good. :-) And there are other factors like quality
of the floor, comfort of the salon, etc., etc., though my experience has
been that people are more willing to live with shortcomings in the latter.

In my post, though, I was referring to the three components of what
constitutes good DANCERS at the Milonga (which, incidentally, is out of
the direct control of the organizer).

Shahrukh