[Tango-L] Kely

Keith Elshaw keith at totango.net
Wed Apr 29 18:49:13 EDT 2009

The mail that is coming to me about Kely ...

I appreciate so much knowing anew how many fans she had around the world.

I want to be so careful ... in no way do I want to have anything I say
seem to be critical of anyone else. I am not.

PLEASE don't read the following as if it is.

But I would so like to show respect to Kely by saying this:

I loved her for her lack of pretension.

When we did those gala shows at Lydia Henson's Miami Festival all those
years, every one of the professionals would add to the event by doing
costume changes. A real show. Great!

Kely, bless her, didn't try to compete. Her way was to pack what she
absolutely needed for 2 weeks up north, and she probably made sure Facundo
had everything he wanted - and one show dress was fine for her. A
practical woman who knew who she was and stood out for that.

I don't know - this is how she struck me.

A real fine lady of tango. So real.

Adorable.