[Tango-L] 1 1/2 yrs of watching YouTube

David dchester at charter.net
Sun Apr 19 13:40:34 EDT 2009

Jack,

I will sometimes do the quick-quick slow on the 3,4,1 beats.  It depends on
the phrase in the song as to whether it makes any sense though.  You can't
(or at least I don't recommended trying to) force it in just anywhere.  BTW,
on rare occasions I'll also do a quick-quick quick-quick slow pattern.  I'm
still experimenting with this though.

Mario,

I'm enjoying seeing you get some vindication on your video study.  While
more times than not, I tried to stay out of the debates with the naysayers
(although occasionally I've stepped into it), I've found video study to
greatly enhance my learning of tango, and I know my progress has been
greatly enhanced by it.  Sometimes people say something can't be done, when
the truth is a lot closer to, THEY don't know how to do it.

Take care,

David