Re: [Tango-L] Report from Buenos Aires #5‏

Vince Bagusauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 18 22:17:53 EDT 2009

From: "Sergio Vandekier" <sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:39 AM
To: "Tango-L List" <tango-l at mit.edu>
Subject: [Tango-L] Report from Buenos Aires #5‏

> this has always been a very important part of the tango culture.
>

>From my observations, only in BsAs tango culture.

My recent experience at Club Gricel:   We had a reservation: To get in only
it seems!  They then made our party stand at the bar at the back.  I was
only able to stand in the passage to the kitchen. I watched the sardines on
the floor for an hour, decided that any hope of getting a dance from someone
seated, using the codes to get a locals attention was utterly  was useless
and left when my back could no longer take it.