[Tango-L] genre bendre

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 23:34:15 EDT 2009

The first thing they are is professional dancers. My very first Tango
lessons, in the mid-90s, were with Pablo Inza [with his then-wife,
Gladys Fernandez] when they were already travelling the world as
tango teachers. Back then Pablo was super-traditional and
conservative with short slicked-back hair and suit. Almost
unrecognizable from his later nuevo reincarnation.

I guess Pablo just likes to push the boundaries and constantly
experiment with new stuff. But at least he has the training in
traditional tango to back it up. IMHO, this is often lacking in
some of the newer Nuevo dancers.

Jack