[Tango-L] Report from Buenos Aires #2

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 11:41:48 EDT 2009

Michael,

Thanks for the reports - very accurate from my experiences and
very useful for first-time visitors to BsAs.

But I don't agree with your term 'original style' because, as Trini has
already pointed out, we don't really know what that is and it would
result in a lot of disagreements.

To me 'authentic Argentine Tango' is what predominates in the
traditional milongas of modern-day Buenos Aires and you've already
described that very well. You say you don't dance that style in the
States so I'd be interested to know why you consider it to be 'authentic'.

I now use the term 'Buenos Aires Style' to describe what I consider
to be 'authentic Argentine Tango. I don't really see how anyone could
disagree with that but I'm sure many will find a way :-).

Jack