[Tango-L] Gavito's lead

flame@2xtreme.net flame at 2xtreme.net
Mon Sep 29 14:56:16 EDT 2008

On 29 Sep Alexis Cousein wrote:

> The point is: if the woman decides not to blink despite Gavito's lead,
> what does he *then* do? Run away screaming? And is she ever wrong if she
> decides not to blink, even if she's *not* dancing with Gavito?

I agree. Gavito also said "I lead and I follow."

In one of his teaching tapes with Marcela Duran, he showed a figure and
said, "Now, if the woman isn't sensitive enough to do the drag here and
instead steps around, we resolve it in another way."

But if he was dancing with someone at Marcela's level, he could lead
anything and she'd be able to follow it, however nuanced.

Diane