[Tango-L] Tergiversar = to distort, twist

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Thu Sep 25 14:40:10 EDT 2008

My question was not a rhetorical one.  What is the value?  David's
tango is what it is no matter what anyone thinks about it.  He feels
compelled to explain it over and over again.  At the end, his tango is
what it is and everyone else's as well.

So what is the value of extensive explanations!  Tango is a dance, and
,as such, is a transitory experience.  So whatever ochos or movements
that are being discussed, they no longer exist and probably cannot be
repeated.

So what am I missing here?  What is the value of an explanation of
movements that no longer exist and can't be repeated?  If it is a
technical issue, then it could be just worked out in class.  But what
is the value of the verbal explanation?  Please let me know because I
am not getting it.

Nina