[Tango-L] Tergiversar = to distort, twist

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Thu Sep 25 09:41:33 EDT 2008

Mario wrote:
> Two decent dancers on this forum
> are debating the
> communication back and forth between leader and follow and are stating
> that they are very different styles.. one from the other.  Didn't you
> get that???

Uhm - you mustn't have been following very closely.

> Well, I'm sure that Sergio is
> feeling the feedback of his partner..she is slow, fast, lithe,
> heavy..whatever ..we are NOT
> talking about this ..are we??

Yes, we are. How slow can she be when he wants to be fast? How heavy can
she be when she wants time for adornos, wants more time to be in sync with
the music, or when the leader pushes her into a forbidden zone?

If you think there's a single answer and that a cookie-cutter approach will
do, you live in a very simple world (or at least you think you do).

 > C'mon, I'm tired of bulls**t pseudo debates...

Then I suggest you dance instead of hurling insults on mailing lists.