[Tango-L] What Argentine Tango is not

David Thorn thorn-inside at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 13:22:46 EDT 2008

I have been informed on this list that if I dance other than "milonguero style",
then I am not dancing real Argentine Tango.

I have been informed on this list that if I allow the woman latitude to reject my lead indication,
then I am not dancing real Argentine Tango.

I have been informed on this list that if I don't require the woman to adapt to MY style,
then I am not dancing real Argentine Tango.

By extension, I am fairly certain that much of what I dance as tango would be shunned by real Argentine Tango dancers.

I think that I like my tango, call it what you may, better than Argentine Tango.