[Tango-L] Best time to visit Buenos Aires

larrynla@juno.com larrynla at juno.com
Tue Sep 23 13:45:06 EDT 2008

I've decided to spend a month (or I hope two) in Buenos Aires. When is the best
time of year to go?

Just judging from weather.com it seems that mid-summer, January and February, is
the worst time, especially for tango lovers. I have heard that many milongas do
not have air conditioning, or do not turn it on.

Mid-winter, June and July, don't seem to be a bad time. The average temperature
is from high-40s to high-50s and there's not much rain during that time.

April and November seem like the best time to go, with temps averaging from 60
to mid-70s, and some rain but not a lot or often.

What do you BsAs residents or frequent travelers say?

Larry de Los Angeles
http://shapechangers.wordpress.com