[Tango-L] Omar Vega

David Hodgson DHodgson at TangoLabyrinth.com
Fri Sep 19 21:38:50 EDT 2008

I have heard a little about his history and what has been written matches
up.
One story I heard is that when he started dancing tango he was doing all
sorts of crazy stuff on the dance floor. The men made him stop and he sat
for two years before they let him dance. Then he started developing the
amazing style that was truly his own. This is unconfirmed.

I am not going to mention about his personal life.
But two things are for sure.

One: He was an amazing dancer, and helped a lot of people understand A.
Tango a lot better.

Two: Anyone I know, that has met or known Omar. Has at least one Omar Vega
story.

He will be missed greatly not only as a fantastic dancer, but also as a life
character.

David