[Tango-L] Omar Vega

MJWRITER@aol.com MJWRITER at aol.com
Fri Sep 19 20:27:42 EDT 2008

I have not contributed to this list for years, but with the death  of Omar
Vega I will take the risk.  Omar was teaching in Seattle several  years ago and
I was hosting a weekly milonga at my home with many local  dancers.  Omar and
Bill Peterson joined us one night for a lovely  evening of dance.  Honoring
the hostess -- me -- Omar danced several  dances with me and I was thrilled with
his genius and skill. Later we  talked of his life history.  In addition to
what Robin wrote, he had served  in the military for Argentina in the
Malvinas/Falklands war which actually  wounded him deeply, although not literally.

What a loss for the Tango community.  As Robin says, he was a dancer.

Mary Jane
Seattle and Phoenix